The Thief
The (Editorial) Thief
The (Science) Thief

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Woody Allen New York’s auteur remakes himself–again.

Just an interesting excerpt from the interview:
George W. Bush? Arguably the worst administration in the history of the United States. I didn't start out with any hostility; I started out rooting for him. I was rooting for him, certainly, after 9/11, and when I was in Europe a few days after Sept. 11 and people were asking me questions about him because I was from New York and people thought I was an expert I was saying, Well, I hope he'll do a good job, I'm optimistic, I think he will. He certainly got off to a good start and showed sympathy and enthusiasm and said all the right things. But he didn't. He let the country down brutally.

Comments on "Woody Allen New York’s auteur remakes himself–again."

 

Blogger mojo said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Viggo Mortensen isn’t backing off his stinging critique of George Bush.

Viggo Mortensen (Lord of the Rings) took some heat for criticizing the president’s policies lately, and in a recent interview, Mortensen is unrepentant.

“I’m not anti-Bush; I’m anti-Bush behavior,” Mortensen told Progressive magazine. “In other words, I’m against cheating, greed, cruelty, racism, imperialism, religious fundamentalism, treason, and the seemingly limitless capacity for hypocrisy shown by Bush and his administration.”

 

post a comment